When it comes to comfort, no one likes to compromise, whether it is your favorite dish or the choice of an indoor room heater. Electric heaters were introduced in the 1880s to overcome the problem of rapidly decreasing temperatures during winters.
But as the decades passed and technology became more advanced, people realized that an electric heater was not powerful enough and can be replaced by an even more convenient option, the propane heaters.
Propane heaters gained popularity within a small period, after their introduction in the market because of their ability to pump out more heat than their electric counterparts without using any electricity.
The Propane heaters were made even more expedient when they were introduced with a thermostat (a device that lets you adjust temperatures on a heater) which made the ultimate in convenience, control, and raw healing power.
The following is a selection of some of the exceptional propane heaters with thermostats especially if you are prioritizing models with a blower fan.
Best Propane Heaters Reviewed
Mr. Heater F274800 MH18B, Portable Propane Heater
There are very few heaters in the market that can run continuously for more than six hours. The Mr. Heater F247800 runs for 11 hours uninterrupted when connected to a one-pound cylinder; you can also connect it to a twenty-pound tank of propane. The heating power of this heater range from 4000 to 18000 BTU and is ideal for spaces up to 450 – 800 square feet. It has a blower fan that uses four D-cell batteries or an AC adapter (sold separately).
The heater is approved for indoor/outdoor use and is said to be nearly 100-percent efficient. The heater has a built-in thermostat with two heat settings, High and Low, which can be set as per your requirement. The blower fan helps to spread the heat throughout the space. It has some features like a single control, a swivel regulator, and a fold-down handle for easy operations.
The heater also has a built-in feature of a low oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) which monitors the levels of oxygen in the room if it drops too low. It has an automatic shut-off system installed which turns off the heater unit if the oxygen level drops below a certain point or if it is tipped over.
- Offers a heating power of around 18000 BTU.
- Has a safety switch.
- Comes with an ODS shut-off.
- Can run up to 11 hours straight.
- Low price (at under $150)
- Approved by CSA.
- AC adapter is not included.
- Required D-cell batteries are sold separately.
- 4, 000- to 18, 000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 450 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- When operating the heater at altitudes over 7, 000 FT above sea level the heater may shut off.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels
- Low, medium and high heat level control knob for steady temperatures; connects to propane tank (not included)
Dyna-Glo IR18PMDG-1 18,000BTU Liquid Propane Heater
There is currently no propane heater with a thermostat in the market that can compete with the Dyna-Glo IR18PMDG-1 in matters of safe, indoor supplement heating. The heater works outstandingly well, whether you are using it in a cabin, garage, or home. A few people also use it while camping as it does not require electricity to operate, or it can be used in case of a power outage as an emergency option.
The heater generates a heating power of about 18,000 BTU at high settings It produces more than enough heat to a 700 square foot space. The thermostat attached to the heater allows you to change to five different controlled settings.
The electric ignition of the heater makes the starting hassle-free and offers manual heat settings which allows you to set the temperature at your convenience. Even though this model is primarily wall-mounted, still there is a variant (#WB100) that has legs and is not necessary to be wall-mounted.
The Dyna-Glo has made sure that when anyone talks about safe propane heaters, it is the one to top the list. The heater uses advanced safety technology. It has a low oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) as an auto safety shut-off feature which cuts off the power in case of overheating. The unit is CSA certified and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Five customizable and manually controlled heat settings.
- Can heat up to an area of 700 square feet.
- Offers about 18000 BTU of heating power.
- Mounting equipment is included.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- Blower Fan (WHF100) is sold separately.
- Liquid Propane Ready (Fuel conversion not permitted); Infrared Technology works by radiating heat to warm objects first - Similar to the sun
- Up to 18,000 BTU's/hr heats up to 700 sq. ft.; LOW-MED-HI variable control knob offers the most customizable heat settings
- No electricity required allows for reliable back-up heating in case of an emergency situation
- Separately sold optional fan (WHF100) improves the amount of square footage the heat reaches in a quiet, yet powerful way!; Separately sold optional...
Rinnai FC824 Space Heater
The Rinnai FC824 is the most appropriate way out from hard to heat areas. The heater includes a convection fan which facilitates the distribution of heat energy throughout your required space. This model of propane heater is known to produce about 22,000 BTU of heat energy which can easily heat a space of 1000 – 1100 square feet.
This propane heater also features a modulating technology that embraces a modulating valve and a blower with variable speed. These two devices together extract only that amount of propane gas that is necessary to deliver the amount of required heat.
The FC824 also features a unique technology that consistently and continuously administers and adjusts the indoor temperatures to maintain the temperature you set on the thermostat. For example, if the door of the room is opened, this feature of the heater instantly detects the temperature drop in the room and increases the production of heat. The heater is claimed to have an efficiency of about 99.9% while also being notified as to the quietest heater out there in the market, producing only 44dB of noise at its peak operation.
This propane heater unit also offers you electric ignition, a digital display with programmable temperature, and timer settings in a single piece. The heater comes with a cool to touch cabinet making it easier to handle while switched on.
Like its other contenders, it also has a built-in low oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) and an overheat switch. These features are used to automatically switch off the device when there are low levels of oxygen or when the system detects overheating, respectively.
Other safety features include a tilt switch and automatic shut-off in case of power failure or if the flame goes out. These various features along with child lock and on-board self-diagnostics prove that this heater has earned its place in our list and at your homes.
- Electric Ignition
- Cool to Touch Cabinet
- Has a Fan output of 215.4CFM?
- Produces about 22000BTU of heat energy.
- Child Safe Lock
- Labeled at a High Cost
- Indoor Heater: Space heaters for indoor use have a warm air outlet with bottom front louvers and a cool-to-touch child-safe cabinet with a safety...
- Smart Features: Energy-efficient space heater includes digital adaptive control, a programmable thermostat display, and self-diagnostics for simple...
- Safe Settings: Electric heater features a flame failure device, overheat switch, oxygen depletion sensor, and tilt switch designed to automatically...
- Portable Design: Vent-free gas fan convection heater is suitable for homes, apartments, condominiums, and commercial settings; Portable heater is...
ProCom MG10TBF Dual Fuel Blue Flame Heater
The ProCom MG10TBF is a dual fuel propane heater with a thermostat that can also use natural gas. This heater offers ambiance, durability, and efficiency which are just the things you need to keep your home cozy and warm during the cold season.
The heater does not require electricity to operate, making it a supreme choice for emergencies and an excellent option for use in the garage. The heater offers about 10,000BTU of heat production at its maximum capacity. This much heat is sufficient to fill up a space of 300 square feet. Moreover, the pre-installed thermostat is the cherry on the top.
The heater comes with a push-button start. It primarily depends upon the natural convection for air circulation but also can be fitted with a blower fan for stronger heat circulation. The Thermostat control automatically cycles the burner on and off to perpetuate the desired room temperature which is ideal for heat flow and can add a warm atmosphere to your room.
This heater has safety features like previous versions of propane heaters including, Low oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) which cut off the device when it detects low levels of oxygen or an increase in levels of carbon monoxide in the room, and the Overheating shut off which switch off the device when the room temperature rises to a higher value.
The heater comes with a one-year warranty with a wall mounting bracket included in the pack.
- Pre-installed with a Thermostat
- Mounting Equipment Included
- Push-button piezoelectric ignition
- Blue Flame Technology
- Built-in Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS)
- The hose is sold separately.
- Better for smaller places (up to 300 square feet)
- ASSEMBLED IN USA - Product is proudly assembled in the USA. Skilled American workers manufacture the parts, assemble, and test our products. Only...
- TECHNOLOGY - 10, 000 Maximum BTU using natural gas or propane gas which Heats Up To 300 Sq. Ft.
- DEPENDABLE - Thermostat Control – The control automatically cycles the burner on and off to maintain a desired room temperature, Ideal for greater...
- SAFE - Push button Piezo ignition with Built-in pilot oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) immediately shuts down the heater if carbon monoxide or lack of...
Mr. Heater Corporation F299730 Heater
Mr. Heater F299730 is one of the magnificent propane heaters with a thermostat available in the market. The included thermostat helps you control the temperature of your room with ease. The flame window has a hot blue flare tube installed at its bottom.
This propane heater with a thermostat produces a massive power of 30,000BTU which is ideal for heating a space to 1000 square feet. The mounting equipment needed to set up the device on the wall is included in the package. Although the package does not contain the necessary fuel hose and regulator but does include the accompanying user manual to guide you through the installation process.
The low oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) is included in its safety features which alert you if an unusually low oxygen level is detected. This sensor also automatically shuts down the device if it detects precarious levels of oxygen. Furthermore, it consists of a high limit shut-off that automatically turns off the unit in case of overheating.
When the heater is operating at altitudes over 4,500 FT above sea level could cause pilot/ODS to shut down the heater.
- Up to 30,000 BTU of heating power
- Can heat large spaces, up to 1000 square feet.
- Promises Noiseless operation
- Overheating and Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) Shut off
- Includes wall mounting hardware and legs.
- Has easy temperature controls with Thermostat.
- The thermostat is only available in Fahrenheit.
- Glass can break easily.
- Does not contain the necessary fuel hose and regulator.
Mr. Heater VF30KBLUELP Propane Heater
When using an electric heater is not a practical option, The Mr. Heater VF30KBLUELP comes to the rescue. It might be the last heater on our list but is not the last one in performance. It is a blue flame propane heater with a thermostat that can produce up to 30,000 BTU of heating power. This much heating power can easily heat a space of 1000 square feet.
For your satisfaction, the heater is equipped with a thermostat for superior temperature control, and electronic ignition is powered by D-cell batteries. The heater circulates warm air throughout the space using natural convection and burns very cleanly. The unit when combined with an F299200 blower fan, produces stronger heat circulation.
The necessary wall mounting is included with the heater but can also be used on the floor with the detachable legs added to the pack for your convenience. A propane tank of 20 pounds is recommended for using the heater. Although you must buy the tank separately. The necessary hose and regulator also must be bought separately. It should be taken care that these items are bought from a trusted and authorized dealer.
The safety equipment includes an oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) and a high limit (overheating) shut off making it safe for use indoors. The unit is CSA certified and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Produces 30,000 BTU power
- Rated indoor safe.
- Overheating Shut off
- Installed Thermostat
- Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) included
- One-year warranty
- CSA certified.
- The hose and the regulator are not included with the heater and is sold separately.
- There is neither a tip-over safety switch nor a child lock system.
- Fight the freeze! Pick yours and order today! Mr. Heater Vent-Free Heater
- 30,000 BTU"
- Weighs 31 lbs.
- Safe, clean burning heat
Most propane heaters with thermostats are believed to offer more heating power and a warm experience than electric heaters. Some of these models may not be perfect but provide a consistent and reliable heating experience when paired with a thermostat.
We believe that our recommendations have helped you to make an intelligible decision about getting a propane heater or at least upgrading your previous one.