A blanket is an essential part of your bedroom and your living room or any other room, for that matter. Be it summers, winters, rainy, or autumn, everyone requires a blanket, be it warm, cooling, or cover their feet.
Blankets do not necessarily need to be used when you must sleep. There are plenty of blankets that can be used both as a decorative item and to cover your feet or shoulders.
Below is a list of blankets that you can choose from. Look at their material, their effects, advantages, and disadvantages. After all, it is your house and your comfort what matters.
15 Types of Blankets
This blanket is made up of wool that is either knitted or crocheted. They can also be made in other materials like cotton, linen, or any other natural fiber. You can get the knitted blanket in every material and use it for warmth or decorative purposes.
- If you are a fan of DIY projects, making a knitted blanket is the easiest thing you can make.
- If you have pets, try to keep them away from the blanket as it snags easily and is quite tough to clean.
A quilt is made of three types of fibers. It has a filling of either cotton or wool in it, the top has multiple fabrics sewn together to create a unique design, and the bottom of the quilt is made from one large piece of fabric which is woven.
- Quilts help you create a layered look for your bed, being lightweight and coming in various patterns.
- Please keep your pets away from the quilt, as cleaning their hairs from the blanket might tear or create holes in it.
- Soft, 100% cotton fabric quilt with a cotton/poly blend filling - perfectly weighted, all season quilt.
- Lush Décor stripe quilt is the ideal piece for your rustic, yet chic, bohemian bedroom decor.
- Bright, colorful and unique design with floral and geometric striped patterns for a mix of modern and bohemian bedding style.
- 3 piece king quilt set includes a reversible quilt (92 x 108 inches) and 2 reversible shams (20 x 36 inches) with a blue, geometric pattern on the...
These blankets require batteries and plug-ins and are of two types – one for your home and the other for your car, both need to be plugged.
Most of the blankets are made of polyester or fleece and come with features like temperature control, on and off buttons, etc.
- Electric blankets are best to use when traveling in a car and are quite famous for this purpose only.
- These blankets should work even without turning them on. For some, it might not work that way. So, check carefully before buying.
Comfort at Its Best
This is the popular choice of the blanket on Amazon. A comforter is a blanket made with the help of two fabrics sewn together, providing softness and smoothness, while the filling is of cotton, feathers, etc., to make it the warmest blanket ever.
- The outer fabric of the blanket is made with either cotton or polyester for smoothness and softness.
- This type of blanket involves a sheet to be used on top, which is quite uncomfortable, and you should avoid using them in summers.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: This comforter set includes one Twin/Twin XL Ultra-Soft Down Alternative Comforter (66” by 92”) and one matching pillow sham...
- ALL-SEASON COMFORT: Get the sleep you’ve been dreaming of with our Bare Home Comforter Set. Our comforters are designed to provide plush comfort all...
- BUILT TO LAST: Our comforters are carefully crafted with box stitching to contain the fill and prevent shifting and bunching.
- EASY CARE: Machine wash in cold water on gentle cycle. Air dry or tumble on low.
These blankets are best for those whose skin is quite sensitive or who have allergies. They provide warmth, are lightweight, and can be machine washed or hand washed at home. There are four types of fleece blankets – polar, micro, coral, and Sherpa fleece.
- Since polyester or synthetic fabrics are made of polyester, these blankets are less expensive than any other blanket like a comforter, quilt, electric, etc.
- Depending upon the material, fleece blankets can melt near flames easily and absorb any smell quickly. So, keep this in mind before buying.
- 🍐Material: This fleece blanket made of 100% polyester fiber with the highest quality, soft and smooth to the touch, it has better resistance to...
- 🍋Durable: This blanket has undergone multiple processes and tests, the fixability of the pile is improved. Even after washing for a long time, the...
- 🥭Versatility: Suitable for all seasons, our warm fleece blanket keeps you cozy during office naps. Lay on the couch and watch TV on a chilly night....
- 🍍Easy to care: This soft blanket can be machine washed at a low temperature, and it is also suitable for tumble drying (below 40°C),the blanket...
This blanket is mostly for decorative purposes, and it is a small blanket that can be kept on your bed or the back/side of your sofa.
They are mostly knitted, thin, made from fleece or any thin material, and small to cover your feet while watching television.
- Throw blankets come in various colors/prints with little fringes in the end and are perfect for livening your sofa or couch.
- It is a small blanket to not use as your primary blanket during winters or summers.
- This throw blanket can bring subdued style to any living space with its neutral-colored stripes punctuated by dark diamond shapes and pops of colorful...
- 60"L x 50"W
- Twisted, self tassels
Duvet blankets are much like Comforters, but you need a duvet cover to use a duvet blanket.
It is also filled with cotton or feathers, just like the comforters. Duvet blankets have buttons or ties around the edges so that the cover fits perfectly.
- According to your mood or preference, duvet covers come separately in beautiful prints, and you can switch them easily.
- Duvet blankets cannot be used without their cover, so if you find it uncomfortable, you might have to consider buying a whole another blanket.
- COMFORTER DUVET INSERT - King comforter duvet insert measures 90 inches x 102 inches
- BOX STYLE STITCHING - Crisp looking comforter with siliconized fiber filling features piped edges with an elegant style box stitching that prevent the...
- SILICONIZED FIBERFILL - Extremely soft material with siliconized fiberfill alternative filling provides a comfy and cozy feel
- CORNER TABS - The four corner tabs make it extremely easy to put on any duvet cover and secures the comforter in place
Those looking for blankets that have a vintage touch to them should buy Chenille blankets. These were popular during the 1940s/50s and are the softest blanket ever. They are made entirely from cotton, acrylic, or rayon.
- These blankets are not only best for their looks, but they also provide warmth so that you can get two benefits in one single blanket.
- Because of their exquisite patterns and fabrics, these blankets are expensive. It is ideal for spending a wholesome amount of money to make your bed look fabulous.
- SOFT BLANKET WITH GENEROUS SPACE - Looking for a large comfy blanket for your movie nights? Our blanket measures 60 x 50 inches，the tassel length is...
- TOP QUALITY MATERIALS - Our Blanket is made of 100% chenille polyester. Net Weight: 1000 Gram. It's incredibly soft, wrinkle and fade resistant,...
- ELEGANT AND FASHIONABLE - Chenille blanket has a 6-inches tassel, which brings you warmth and better visual enjoyment.
- VERSATILE USAGE - This blanket can be used for many things such as; cover for your couch, in the bed, outside in the patio on a cool summer evening,...
Shearling blankets are made from sheepskin, and the wool is processed and tanned before shearing.
The blanket made from this material is furry, warm, hypoallergenic. It is best to buy the blanket when it is old because it tends to get more supple.
- It does not absorb any odor, and you can sit near flames, is very soft on the skin, and is anti-bacterial.
- Sheepskin material is a product of the meat industry, so there are plenty of questions regarding what goes on in your blanket.
- THROW BLANKET (1) THROW (50"x60").
- ORIGINAL DESIGNS: We create bedding and home decor that pay homage to the history, heritage, and endless beauty of the rustic world. Our pieces are...
- QUALITY IN EVERY STITCH: We’ve got high standards for quality, comfort, and style. From duvet covers to comforter sets, lightweight quilts,...
- HONEST PRICES: We work hard to guarantee fair prices for both our customers and craftsmen. From traditional styles to modern rustic renditions, we're...
If you wish to own a unique blanket yet satisfies your needs, then this bamboo blanket is the best. Bamboo helps to absorb sweat and provides warmth throughout your day. They are also odor resistant.
- Since bamboo blankets can absorb sweat, people worry about the bacteria that the blanket can accumulate, no need to worry about that because these blankets are antimicrobial.
- The only disadvantage of having a bamboo blanket is that it cannot be machine washed, which means you will have to use your hands and that extra effort.
- 【Keep Cooling】: Dangtop cooling blankets are made of bamboo material, the fiber structure is porous, multi-slit, and hollow, so it's 3-5 times...
- 【Keep sweat free all seasons】: This bamboo blanket can regulate body temperature and moisture-wicking, speed up circulate airflow, bring your...
- 【Cool & breathable experience】: Sleep with a cool temperature can fall asleep faster and get a high quality sleep. This blanket is skin-friendly,...
- 【Easy wash and care】: Machine wash on a delicate cycle (A laundry bag comes with the blanket. We recommend you put the blanket into laundry bag...
They are breathable, works well for people with sensitive skin or any allergies, and quite comfortable. You can easily clean off any stain or drop from it.
- Egyptian cotton is the best to buy, they can be more expensive than the normal ones, but they last long, absorb sweat, and provide the right amount of heat.
- The drawback is that they take a load of time to dry when you wash them and get sober.
- You also cannot take a cotton blanket during camping as it can catch flames.
- DOBBY WEAVE – An elegantly designed blanket that is tightly woven to hold all fibers together. It is flexibly constructed with a dobby weave...
- SOFT AND BREATHABLE – Adorn yourself with this elegantly designed 90 x 90 inches thermal blanket that allows breathability and comfort, providing a...
- VERSATILE USAGE – Whether you drape it over your couch, spread it on your bed, keep it on the foot of your bed or store in the cupboard, this...
- PREMIUM COTTON BLANKET – Surround yourself with this cozy thermal blanket woven from 100% cotton, creating a lavish experience for you and your...
Mylar blankets are also called Emergency blankets. They are lightweight and can provide a fair amount of heat. You will most likely see these blankets with campers, or as a survival kit, or in a first aid kit. They can be fit into a pocket easily.
- They can retain up to 90% of your body heat, can be used in an emergency. They also absorb moisture or rain, or snow.
- They get torn easily and may take a bit of time to open if you are injured.
- FOUR MYLAR EMERGENCY BLANKETS (Army Green) - Advanced dual-sided aluminized mylar blankets.
- BONUS GOLD SPACE BLANKET - Each package includes ONE EXTRA GOLD colored space blanket.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE - Military-grade 12-micron aluminized polyethylene mylar, 52"x82" & 2 oz.
- EMERGENCY USE - Designed to retain up 90% of your body heat, completely block rain, snow, moisture.
Anything made from linen is costly, this is because linen is made from a fiber that comes out of a flax plant, and this fiber is quite hard to harvest. However, anything made from linen can be used in any season throughout the year.
- Linen blankets are safe for the environment, are thick, work in any season, and are very easy to clean.
- These blankets can be wrinkled in no time, so make sure to let them dry properly after washing them.
- 100% Belgian Flax Linen Throw Blanket by Chezmoi Collection
- Perfect Size Throw Blanket 50" x 70"; suitable for couch/sofa, beds, or even out on the go
- Featuring a solid textured look characterized by its subtly textured weave and softness to bring a sense of relaxation and tranquility with its...
- Timeless design and neutral color options make it a versatile piece that complements any interior style, from modern minimalism to classic elegance....
considered the best material during summers, the same way wool is best during winters.
Anything made from wool provides a significant amount of warmth. It is anti-bacterial, great for the environment, and you do not need to clean it often.
- Wool is fire resistant, which means you can snuggle yourself up near dire during camping or just near your fireplace.
- The only drawback of wool is that it is harsh on your skin. It is rough, which people with sensitive skin will not enjoy.
- THE BEST GOT BETTER: Thanks to input from thousands of customers, we’ve made dramatic improvements for the new decade to provide more warmth and...
- PERFECT ANYWHERE: Loom-woven and hemmed on all sides with contrast lock stitching, our blanket looks right at home in the woods or on your couch. Wool...
- PLENTY OF ROOM FOR ALL - Large size (64" x 88") will keep you and a friend cozy while camping, at a tailgate party, or an outdoor concert. Also great...
- WARM & DEPENDABLE - Wool is a time-tested natural fabric that will keep you warm, even when wet. The remainder of the blanket is composed of 20%...
Most of the blankets you use contain polyester in them as primary or secondary material.
Polyester can be washed as many times as you want and will not get dull or lose its shape. It feels soft on your skin and is quite durable.
- The most significant advantage of polyester blankets is that they last long and do not get dull or lose their shape/texture.
- This blanket’s disadvantage is that it is not much comfortable or breathable as a cotton blanket, and it sticks to your skin if it is wet.
- 1. Soft and Plush: Our blanket is made of high quality MICROFIBER material, 330 GSM, SOFTER and WARMER than usual blankets. At the same time, the...
- 2. VARIOUS colors and sizes, being able to meet the needs of different people. Solid color style, SIMPLE but ELEGANT. Two different sides: one side is...
- 3. Versatility: Suitable for all seasons, applicable to BED, COUCH, and CAMPING--easy to carry. Great thermal insulated ability, keeps you WARM while...
- 4.Machine washable, wash separately in gentle cycle with cold water. EASY CARE, saves you a lot of time and energy and makes your life CONVENIENT and...
Buy the blanket which suits you, your skin, your budget, according to the season, and many other factors. It is essential to choose that blanket which your family will adore and preferably lasts longer.
You need to put your comfort first and the budget later because if you have sensitive skin, you cannot buy wool or bamboo blankets as they might be a little harsh on your skin.
You need to look at what kind of material the blanket has and how it will react to my skin. You also should make sure to check their seasonal effects. There are plenty of blankets that might not go all year round.