Your working place like a garage or a workshop needs a warm and comfortable environment too. Only then does one feel like working with complete dedication. Otherwise, it becomes a huge challenge to deal with the situation in winter. So, what do you do? Install the best heater at your workplace? But which heater would be an effective one? How do you decide if they are suitable for you or not?
There are so many questions that pop up while figuring out some of the best heaters that could keep your garage warm during winters. But you do not have to get any expensive heaters installed for that. There are heaters in fact of better quality that are not very expensive but still manage to provide some great warmth and comfort to the user.
Propane heaters are soaring high in the market currently due to the attention that it has been receiving because of the affordability and efficiency that it provides to its customers. The heater is grabbing some real good attention for all the worthy reasons. So, what are those reasons? Why are these heaters the most preferred and used one?
Let us dive into more detail and find out some of the best propane heaters for your garage or workshops.
7 Best Propane Heaters for Garage
1. Gasland MHA18BN Propane Radiant heater
No products found.
The heater is crafted with sheer comfort and durability. It is designed with 3 Adjustable settings, tip-over protection, Automatic low oxygen shut-off protection, Built-in casters, and many more. It requires no electricity, 20lb propane gas use only. This makes a perfect choice for your garage or any outdoor area. So, bring home this heater using the above link and beat your winter with comfort and warmth.
- Extremely durable and trustworthy material
- Handy and easy Maintenance
- Advanced features
- Requires no electricity.
- No cons are reported as of now.
2. Heat Storm HS-1500-TRC Infrared Space
- NOTE: Will not mount on ceiling or turn on unless black box is mounted vertical. Tip-over safety switch will only allow to turn on when mounted to...
- INSTANT HEAT - Infrared heat is silent and comfortable. It warms objects instead of just the air. 5200 BTU Output
- PLUG & PLAY - 110 V plug in cord for use anywhere there is a normal outlet
- IPX4 WEATHERPROOF - Protected against rain and dust
Heat Storm HS-1500-TRC Infrared Space is a perfect choice for garage or workshop areas. This heater is infrared specialized which not only warms the air but the objects too. The heater can be easily installed and is weatherproof designed. Your best garage companion in winter is made up of extremely fine materials. The heater proves to be very durable too. So, if you are looking for the best propane heaters for your garage then this can prove to be a great choice.
- Lightweight and durable
- Great quality and effectivity
- Instant heating
- Weatherproof and easy setting.
- No cons are reported as of now.
3. Sunnydaze 40,000 BTU Forced Air Propane Heater
- Keep the cold away: The heater measures 7.75" W x 19" D x 13" H and weighs 9.8 lbs. The cylinder is 7.25" in diameter x 19" long. The base is 7.75" W...
- Ideal during the winter: This product includes 1 forced air propane heater, regulator and a 10-foot hose. The heater is designed to be operated with a...
- Designed for portability: Lightweight, this heater features a convenient handle that makes it easy to carry around. It is recommended for outdoor use...
- Works great for construction: Keep the jobsite toasty when the temperatures cool down with this heater. It's handy to have when working on a home...
This amazing piece of forced air propane heater will result in a great choice for your garage. The heater is made up of extremely trustworthy quality materials. It is lightweight and easy to move with a secured handle. It includes 1 forced air propane heater, 1 regulator, and a 10-foot hose. The heater has 40,000 BTU and is advisable to use it in well-ventilated areas only.
- Trustworthy quality and durable material
- Easy to handle.
- Easy setting and simple maintenance.
- Fumes sometimes smell awful.
4. Propane (LP) Convection Heater
- 360 Degree convection heater; Variable output (50,000 - 80,000 BTU's)
- Propane (LP) gas only; Operates up to 17 hours on 40lb. Cylinder
- Piezo igniter; Simple operation; No electricity required.Maximum Room Size 1900 sq ft
- Requires proper ventilation; Collapsible design for easy portability
This is another piece of heater that will go very well for your garage. It is a 360-degree convection heater where one gets a range option of 50,000 to 80,000 BTU. This propane heater can operate for up to 17 hours at 40lb. The heater is designed with the best quality materials and does not require electricity for operation.
- Easy to handle.
- Simple maintenance
- Fine quality material
- No electricity is required for operation.
- Too loud
5. Mr Heater Corporation Convection Heater
- Portable outdoor heater powered by liquid propane to heat up to 5,000 square feet
- Runs up to 29 hours on a 100-pound tank on low power or 2.16 hours on max power
- Piezo push button igniter easily starts every time; Thermo-electric safety valve to shut the gas flow off if the flame ever goes out
- Single knob to control heat between 75,000 to 200,000 BTUs per hour
The convection heater is highly recommended for outdoor spaces like garages and workshops. It works for about 200,000 BTU per hour and has the capacity to heat up to 5000 sq. ft. The heater can operate up to 29 hours on a 100lb tank on a low Piezo push-button igniter. The material and the durability of the product are extremely trustworthy.
- Good quality material
- Durable and handy
- Impressive functional capacity
- Easy maintenance
6. Honeywell Motion Sensor Ceramic Convection Heater
- SPACE HEATER – The Honeywell Safeguard Motion Sensor Ceramic Space Heater provides powerful, 1500W whole room heat in any space in a slim, space...
- SAFETY MATTERS: The large room heater offers safety options including a Safeguard motion sensor that shuts off the heater if an object is too close,...
- INCREASE YOUR COMFORT – Always be comfortable, no matter what season it is. This personal heater has a tower design, so it fits into any room in...
- SMART SAVINGS – Worried about heating costs? An electric heater can help you save up to $276* in heating costs this year. A space heater for indoor...
The heater is slim designed using the best of materials that are extremely trustworthy and durable. The heater is very handy and is advanced with several features like dust filters, digital controls, programmable thermostat, cool touch plastic housing, safeguard motion sensor, dual motor, and many more. Introduction to these features has made it the most preferred heater for outdoor spaces.
- Advanced technologies
- Qualitative and durable material
- Handy and easy maintenance
- Very little or no noise while functioning.
- No cons are reported as of now.
7. Envi High-Efficiency Whole Room 120v Plug-In Electric Panel Wall Heater
Envi High-Efficiency Whole Room 120v Plug-In Electric Panel Wall Heater is designed with a true temperature controlling the thermostat. It is created with fine materials providing sheer comfort and durability. It is designed with convenience cordset storage inside the heater to tuck away the untidy power cord.
- Controllable thermostat
- Comfort, quality, and durability
- Easy maintenance
- Sometimes gives out a bad smell.
Types of Propane Heaters
There are various types of Propane Heaters available in the market. In this section of the article, we will be talking about three main types of propane heaters that a user must know.
Forced Air Heaters are the ones that spread hot air throughout the room. The air travels through the ductwork and is released to the surrounding using the vents. When you set a temperature of your choice the forced air system will accommodate accordingly and give out warm air.
Convection heaters are a type of heaters that uses convection currents to warm and circulate the air throughout. It spreads air in all directions equally.
Wall Mounted Blue Flame
The wall-mounted Blue Flame Propane heater comes with a thermostat that controls the emission of heat in the room. It is a radiating heater that saves space by getting mounted on the wall.
Benefits of Propane Heaters
Propane heaters simply work great indoors and outdoors. Your garage can just have the perfect needed warmth and comfort with the help of your propane heater.
Well, your propane heater has a lot more to offer than just warm and comfortable air. Check out the list below to know in detail about the benefits that your propane heaters have to offer.
- Propane heaters are energy efficient. They use 50% less energy as compared to the electric motors available. Hence using propane heaters allow you to save on the energy level.
- Propane heaters are safeguarded. They do not heat up as conventional heaters. Propane heaters are designed with a protective metal sheath that covers the heating elements of the heater.
- Propane heaters do not really demand to be looked after often. Hence its minimal maintenance gives you another reason to trust the efficiency of the heater.
- These heaters are designed to spread heat and warmth at places where it is used. So, you will not be required to wait for the surroundings to get warm. These heaters will allow you to experience instant warmth and comfort.
- Propane heaters function without making too much noise. They emit warm air in the placed space with calm and composed functioning.
- The heater operates in an organized and clean manner without moving the dust particles of the functioning area.
- Propane heaters are prone to provide you with calm and comfortable warmth. Comfort is the policy these heaters are created on.
- These heaters tend to be Eco-friendly as they operate without any carbon combustion or other toxic by-products of combustion.
These are a few benefits that make propane heaters stand out from the rest of the other brands. So, if you are looking to get your propane heater installed at your garage then doing that is going to prove very beneficial to you and your surroundings.
BTU is an important factor that allows you to understand the functioning capacity of your heater. This is an important aspect to look for while purchasing any heater.
BTU stands for British Thermal Units. It is a way to measure the heating or cooling capacity of the heater. One BTU is considered as the amount of energy required to raise the temperature of 1 pound of water by 1 degree Fahrenheit. This term has been used since a very old time and it remains the same for measuring the heating and cooling capacity.
These units are not just used to measure the heating and cooling capacities of heaters but are also used for Air Conditioners, Cooking, and fuels too.
While discussing BTUs one of the most asked questions one encounters is regarding choosing between a higher BTU and a lower BTU. It is assumed that a higher BTU can lead to creating higher warmth in the room, while a lower one creates less heat and warmth.
To tackle this, we need to understand that if a higher BTU heater is chosen so it can create too much heat in the installed area. Which again can be problematic. So, one needs to understand their need for the heater and the area they plan to install; then accordingly choose a BTU that will be comfortable and effective.
You can check the calculation steps below and practice them to find the best suitable BTU for you.
Buying Guide – How to Make the Right Decision
Propane heaters are generally a great choice for your garage or even for a normal spacious area. The effectiveness of the heater will never disappoint you in terms of its function and quality. But while making any purchase you need to do your homework on the product very minutely. Knowing and understanding your product of purchase helps you choose a better and an effective product.
So even while making your purchase of propane heaters for your garage do check the points mentioned below. It will allow you to choose a quality product that will not put too much stress on your pocket. So thorough yourself with the points mentioned below and after finding a satisfactory answer to that only then make your purchase.
Before making any purchase the foremost checklist that one needs to follow is checking the quality of the product. Overall quality is the main reason, one makes a purchase. So always look for the quality and efficiency of the material used in the propane garage heater.
Before confirming your purchase, take a time out to read the customer reviews mentioned below the product. Check what people already using the product have to say about it. This will help you understand the efficiency level of the product and thus will make it easier for you to decide which propane heater to choose for your garage.
While buying your propane heater for your garage the major aspect that you need to look for is the warranty of the heater. Warranty plays a vital role in choosing which heater to get home. The better the warranty the better your trust in the product.
BTU is another most essential part to look at while choosing your propane heater. Make sure you choose the one that best fits your requirement. A heater being too powerful or being too easy-going both are going to create troubles in their own way. So, choose a heater that most necessarily fits your requirement.
As technology advancement is soaring at its highest peak, features are something that attracts the most customers and persuades them to make a purchase. Introduction to features has made the functioning of the machines very easy and simple. Therefore, when you decide to choose a propane heater be very sure of the features it has to offer you. Advanced settings, buttons, remote, etc. are the basic features to look for while buying your heater.
Of course, every product comes with a safety instruction prescribed. But it is always advisable to ask for the safety Do’s and Don’ts so that one can avoid further mishaps. So going through the safety instructions of the heater is also an important aspect to be followed while making your purchase.
Finally, the cost is the most important factor to look for while making any purchase ever. We have a variety of markets that offer a variety of products at various ranges. To compare various costs available at different platforms for the propane heater that you wish to buy for your garage and then based on your analyses choose the one that fits you and your pocket the best.
These are some basic yet helpful buying guides that can help you to make an effective purchase. But always remember, your purchase should most importantly depend on two factors. First, comfortability and second need. If your chosen product satisfies these two main aspects, then you can make your purchase.
Ultimately you are the one who is going to purchase and use the heater. So, it should sound more comfortable and affordable to you rather than anyone else.
Points to Remember.
Propane heaters are usually used for outdoor spaces and therefore they are designed in a certain way. So before putting them to use there are certain points that you need to remember to enjoy the hustle-free and effective warm air.
Below mentioned are a few points that you need to keep in mind and follow before putting your propane heater into action in your garage.
- You should know the place where you are going to home your heater. Because the propane heater uses an open flame to generate heat. And this can create a mishap if placed in the wrong place. So, know and plan your place of accommodating your heater beforehand.
- It is believed that propane heaters need oxygen while being in action. While the heater is in action it consumes some oxygen. So, ensure to keep your heater at some open place or open the windows while your propane heater is in action.
- Look for propane heaters that are well versed with features like the low oxygen sensor, high temperature coated safety guard, overheat protection, and many more.
- Follow the manuals given along the heater while setting it up.
- Keep the heater away from any combustible materials.
- Never place anything over the top of an indoor propane space heater and never leave it unattended.
- Try getting a carbon monoxide detector installed in your home or garage.
- If the flames emitting from the propane heaters turn yellow rather than blue, then discontinue it immediately and call a professional for help.
So, these are some points that you as a propane heater user for your garage or home need to know to run the heater effectively.
Best propane garage heaters are tough to find, but we guess, we made things for you a little easier by providing you with these best options. Not only the best options but the above-mentioned detailed study on the best propane heaters will also enable you to understand your purchase.
So, get your warmth partner this winter, by ordering an effective piece of the best propane garage, and enjoy your workspace. We hope that this article provided you with some effective buying guides and gave a brief understanding of propane heaters.
Based on the above-discussed information we hope to see you making an effective propane heater purchase. Let us know in the comment section below if you still have any doubts regarding the subject and we will try to assist it to the best of our available knowledge.
Let your workplace not suffer this winter, get your propane heater now!