Purple, a popular and aesthetically pleasing color, is often associated with royalty, luxury, and creativity.
It’s a trending choice for home decor, especially for bedrooms. In bedroom decor, curtains are essential for both privacy and style.
The right choice of purple curtains for the bedroom can transform your space, offering a harmonious complement to your existing color scheme or a striking contrast that elevates the room’s design.
Whether you are seeking a subtle lavender shade or a deep violet, these purple curtains can introduce a touch of elegance and sophistication to your bedroom.
This guide presents 15 exquisite purple bedroom curtains, each showcasing unique styles, tones, and materials.
These selections are designed to inspire your next bedroom makeover, offering a blend of elegance and richness that only purple can provide.
Purple Curtains for The Bedroom
1. Blackout Purple Curtains
Using purple panel pairs or single panels may help you achieve an elegant or modern look. Being multifunctional, they help in blocking light and sound while requiring essential maintenance.
Panel pairs give an asymmetrical and modern look, while single panels give a more asymmetrical and classier look. Blackout purple curtains will best suit you if you want complete privacy and a straightforward, modern, or classy look.
Pairing two colors or different combinations of purple will offer your window a great and elegant look.
- Made of high quality durable 100% polyester fabric, our blackout curtains are super smooth, soft and...
- Package Includes: 2 purple curtain panels, each blackout curtain measures 52 inch wide and 84 inch...
- Blackout Curtains and Privacy Maximization: Curtains impede 85%-99% light and UV ray(Darker colors...
- Energy Saving Curtains: These Thermal Insulated Curtains help prevent energy loses by insulating hot...
Rod pockets swiftly slip over the curtain rod as a pocket is sewn at the top. Usually, they fall under the simple, plain category of curtains but can be customized or bought with distinct tastes.
Decorative designs, embroidery, or other decorative elements are added sometimes as they’re currently in fashion. For example, purple floral embroidery works very well to give a casual and happy look.
Rod pockets are basically for regular use and require minimal maintenance. You can opt for these if you have small kids at home as they are child-friendly with the not-so-intricate designs.
- 100% Polyester, Imported, Available in Various Colors & Sizes, Machine Washable
- The Ready Set: Measuring 52” width by x 84” long, the curtains come in 2 panels with built-in...
- Supple Linen Texture: Anjee sheer curtain is made from voile that’s lightweight, durable, and easy...
- Brilliantly Bright: Touch up a room with Anjee sheer curtain panels for a rich and elegant finish...
3. Grommet and Eyelet
The classic and essential are the perfect ways to describe grommet and eyelet. They hold large eyelets on the top of the fabric bolstered with grommets.
Purple grommets and eyelets are used in bedrooms and are keen on modern and sophisticated designs.
- BASIC INFORMATION - The decorative blackout curtains come in a set of 2 panels, each measuring...
- DESIGN and TEXTURE - Deconovo blackout panels are made of 100 percent high quality polyester fabric....
- BLACKOUT EFFECT - These room darkening curtains obstruct the sunlight from getting into any room at...
- INCREASED COMFORT - Our thermal insulated curtains help in saving on energy cost as they reduce the...
4. Velvet Drapes, Curtains Panels
If you are fascinated by royalty, drama, or luxury, you will not regret buying velvet. Velvet, as a material, is usually made up of silk or polyester. These can be perfect for weddings, receptions, parties, birthdays, dessert tables, and more.
Purple velvets can be used occasionally when guests come over or during festive seasons. Regular use will not harm but will require more than average preservation.
- Panels are sold in pairs and each measures 52" W x 96" L
- Super soft velvet curtains fabric, offering a classic look, coordinates with any room setting.
- Made of thick fabric with a high-sheen finish, our Luxurious Luster Velvet Curtain is instant window...
- Block a portion of light and heat, but allow for some natural light to come through.
5. Purple Sheer
They come with a classic sheer frame that considerately filters light while amplifying privacy. Usually, sheer is the best pick for kids’ bedrooms and delivers a creative look in living rooms or areas such as study or reading spaces.
Wine and golden sheer look too royal and magnificent when used with light-colored walls such as white or cream. Simple lavender looks elegant, too.
6. Window Treatment Sets
A window treatment set will carry everything you need to design a unique appearance for your shutter. Sets can be hung either way, facing indoors or outdoors, yielding a lovely look. If you have a large window, then trust us. No other option will do wonders like this one.
Using purple as a base for curtains, white-colored add-ons such as a valance or scarf, or sheer will be extremely suitable for that large window in your bedroom.
Pro tip: You can hang string or rice lights with these, and you will hardly feel like stepping out of your room because these will complement the sets.
- Dimensions: 54 in x 84 in (each panel)
- 2 Panels included in Set
- Attached Valance
- Attached Sheer
7. Printed Curtains
Printed curtains work very well with simple, bare walls. You can use these printed purple curtains if you have a simple purple, white, or pastel wall suiting with purple, as these will become the room’s accent.
Floral prints are considered vastly trending these days. Talking about a stylish and eye-catching look and not opting for these? No way!
- 1 piece shower curtain;Purple, Grey – Floral Printed
- Microfiber polyester, measures 72(W)x72(L) inches
- Shower Curtain
- Item Package Dimension: 13.9 L x 11.9 W x 0.99 H inches
8. Semi- Sheer Curtains
Semi-sheer or semi-opaque will perhaps be a mixture of sheer and blackout, which naturally gives the idea of their usage. You can surely go for it if you are fond of sheer but cannot negotiate with privacy.
Purple sheers in gradient designs having shades of white-lilac and mauve-blush look exceptionally pretty in bedrooms. Also, sheers are often paired with scarves to create a more in-depth and intricate design.
9. Sequin Curtains
Are you confused about changing curtains to something quirkier? Speak no more; purple sequin curtains will give you a more lavish vibe than otherwise.
Sequins work best with dark, plain colors. Most of us have used golden or silver for accessorizing our personal spaces, but using purple can be a more unique and vibrant way to do the same. These can be very useful if you want a backdrop or want to have a photoshoot in your bedroom.
Purple sequined curtains can be used in a bedroom with black furniture, seating, and accessories. It will stand out to shine brightly, and catch every single person’s eye as soon as they enter your bedroom.
- √ Sequin Curtain Backdrop Panel : 2PC 2FTx8FT Height Sequin Fabric Backdrop Purple
- √ High Quality & Affordable Price , High Density Delicated Packaging with Finished Edges Sequin...
- √ Made Of Sequin Mesh Fabric , One Piece Seamless Sequin Photography Background
- √ Backdrop Easy Set Up:The 4" rod pocket design fits standard or decorative rod,so that the sequin...
10. Scarf Styled Curtains
These are usually draped from the top of the window. You can use a single scarf-styled curtain if you want to accessorize and have no other specific requirements or style with double or triple layers of sheers, panels, or semi-sheers. However, you like it.
They allow an exciting look for your bedroom; they also look unusual from the typical curtain hanging styles. If you use a shade of purple as scarves on your window, you can either opt for a single shade, such as electric purple or orchid or mix and match it with other options.
- Package includes: one 38" Inch Wide x 216" Inch Long Window Scarf
- Sheer voile material strong, long-lasting Scarf Nicely Packed in a ZIPPER bag
- Luxury Lightweight flowy design creates airy feel and allows filtered light through
- Fully Stitched & Hemmed Soft texture and flexible fabric scarfs
11. Purple Gradients
Simultaneously offering two shades, they give out that lively feel that your bedroom is sometimes lacking. Fresh and comfortable, they feel.
Purple curtains as gradients may come in light purple-dark purple, pink-purple, lilac-light purple, etc. The bedroom can be decorated using these if you want an aesthetic setting.
- PACKAGE MADE:2 panels per package.Each package includes two Gradient Curtain Panels of 52" wide x...
- GRADIENT COLOR:Add a beautiful, stylish style to your windows with this two tone ombre curtain...
- MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS:Yakamok curtains that can enjoy high quality sleep, light shading rate of 50%...
- UNIQUE HOME DECOR:Spring all the year round,effectively maintain the indoor temperature,blocking...
12. Vintage Drapes and Panels
Want to add that touch of antiquity to your bedroom? Nothing other than purple vintage drapes and panels can do then.
Whether you want to decorate your bedroom or your parents’, grandparents’ bedroom, these will prove to be the fittest. Not only do they block 50% of the light, but they also create that stunning and attention-grabbing look.
- MEASURE & OCCASION: Package includes 2 damask printed room darkening curtains. Each measures...
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Flaunting a large damask print in vivid colors, petals and leaves are forming a...
- ELEGANT LOOK: Privacy and room darkening. They allow just the right amount of light to enter without...
- SAFE & ECO-FREINDLY: It is formaldehyde-free and environment friendly, no chemical coating, no toxic...
What can be better than beautiful purple drapes flowing out from top to bottom supported by purple panel curtains?
Short in size, a valance can be hung and flow from the top of the window. Valances are usually used in the kitchen but can be used with window treatment sets or additional layers to complete the look.
You can use them in your kids’ bedroom as a single pair, allowing light to pass but blocking some of it. Valances are very rare to be used individually in bedrooms, but, at the same time, they become the most beautiful piece of fabric when used with other curtains as add-ons.
- Crushed sheer voile fabric
- Gently filters light while enhancing privacy
- Rod pocket design allows for easy hanging on a standard curtain rod
- Machine washable
14. Crystal Beaded Curtains
More of an accessory than the actual curtains, crystal-beaded purple curtains can be used as door curtains or to create a mild separation inside your bedroom.
- 🎀100% Polyester & Washable with glistening silver ribbon for a sparkling effect,no beads
- 🎀Includes 1 curtains 79 inches long and width size of 39 inches, If the curtain is too long, you...
- 🎀Multi-use String Scarf curtains is perfect for adding the finishing touches to your home or...
- 🎀Available in many colors to choose from so you can mix and match to your desire
Not only will they provide glitter to your bedroom, but they will also enhance its beauty. Oh, and yes, kids love them! But wait, who will not love the shiny, glinting purple-pink beads of crystals flashing in their bedrooms?
15. Ruffled Style Curtains
Famous for their shabby chic style, they have ruffles all over, either vertically or horizontally. They flow with spirals, flexing out a cascading effect.
When used inside bedrooms, each ruffle will cast a different purple shade, from blush to electric.
They usually give a feminine look to the bedroom. Hence, they are trendy among girls.
- Rod pocket header simplifies installation
- Available in two sizes - 63Long x 50wide and 84Long x 50wide
- Shabby chic style panel features polyester material and a Solid pattern with vertical ruffles
- Each panel contains spiraling cascades of material for an elegant effect
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is the Best Shade of Purple for Curtains?
Well, it all depends on the tastes and requirements of a person.
Lilac, lavender, and blush are popular shades on the market, but they are only worth it if you like pastels or light shades. Electric purple, dark violet, and fuchsia pink may suit people with vibrant preferences.
2. What Shade Will Make the Room Look Bigger?
The lighter shades help make a room look more significant as they cast the illusion of a large space. Blush, cotton candy, plum, lavender, and thistle are variations that will help to do the job.
3. What Colors Work Well with Purple?
Yellow, orange, and green are some of the contrasts you could go for, while indigo and pink complement purple.
4. What Colored Walls Go with Purple Curtains?
These are some of the combinations that go well when having a shade of purple:
Amethyst – Light Gray, Purple – Dark Gray, Purple – Mustard, Purple – Tan, Dark Purple – Cream, Purple – White, etc. You can always explore your combinations.
5. Should Curtains Touch The Floor?
If you have average-sized windows, there is no need for the curtains to touch the floor. You can use average window curtains, but if your windows are slightly or extremely large, go for the full-length curtains, also known as door curtains.
6. What Curtains Are in Style 2021?
Gradients, window treatment sets, or scarf curtains are presently relevant if we talk about trends in 2021. Also, string or beaded curtains have always been the top choices for decorating rooms. Purple looks good when paired with the right shade and other accessories.
7. Which Curtains Are Best for Complete Privacy?
The whole purpose of blackout curtains is specifically to provide complete privacy. Not only are they opaque, but they also prevent outside noise and keep the room undisturbed from inside.