Navigating the plethora of heating options can be daunting, especially when looking for the ideal blend of size, efficiency, and control.
A small propane heater with a thermostat emerges as a standout choice for those seeking a compact yet powerful heating solution.
These heaters not only offer the convenience of portability but also bring the advantage of precise temperature control through their built-in thermostats.
In this detailed review, we delve into the top six small propane heaters with thermostats, evaluating their features, benefits, and potential drawbacks.
Our focus is on helping you make an informed decision to find a heater that not only suits your space but also aligns with your heating requirements and safety considerations.
6 Best Small Propane Heater with Thermostat: A Detailed Review
1. Mr. Heater F274800 MH18B, Portable Propane Heater
Very few heaters in the market can run continuously for more than six hours.
Mr. Heater F247800 runs for 11 hours uninterrupted when connected to a one-pound cylinder; you can also connect it to a twenty-pound propane tank.
The heating power of this heater ranges from 4000 to 18000 BTU and is ideal for spaces up to 450 – 800 square feet.
It has a blower fan that uses four D-cell batteries or an AC adapter (sold separately).
The heater is approved for indoor/outdoor use and is said to be nearly 100 percent efficient.
The heater has a built-in thermostat with High and low heat settings, which can be set as per your requirements.
The blower fan helps to spread the heat throughout the space. It has features like a single control, a swivel regulator, and a fold-down handle for easy operations.
The heater also has a built-in feature of a low oxygen depletion sensor (ODS), which monitors the oxygen levels in the room if it drops too low.
It has an automatic shut-off system, which turns off the heater unit if the oxygen level drops below a certain point or is tipped over.
- Offers a heating power of around 18000 BTU.
- Has a safety switch.
- Comes with an ODS shut-off.
- Can run up to 11 hours straight.
- Low price (at under $150)
- Approved by CSA.
- AC adapter is not included.
- Required D-cell batteries are sold separately.
- Can be relatively noisy during operation, affecting quiet environments.
- Heavier design reduces portability compared to lighter models.
- Heat your camper, cabin, porch, picnic area, garage, barn, shed, hunting blind, and more by choosing...
- Gives off 4,000, 9,000, or 18,000 BTU per hour with a heat range of 450 square feet; For use with...
- Single control start knob for easy use with a piezo sparking mechanism for reliability and an...
- Connects to 1-pound propane tanks with swivel regulators, allowing you to go from using disposable...
2. Dyna-Glo IR18PMDG-1 18,000BTU Liquid Propane Heater
There is currently no propane heater with a thermostat in the market that can compete with the Dyna-Glo IR18PMDG-1 in safe, indoor supplement heating matters.
The heater works well in a cabin, garage, or home.
A few people also use it while camping as it does not require electricity or can be used in an emergency in a power outage.
The heater generates a heating power of about 18,000 BTU at high settings.
It produces more than enough heat for a 700-square-foot space. The thermostat attached to the heater allows you to change to five different controlled settings.
The electric ignition of the heater makes the starting hassle-free and offers manual heat settings, allowing you to set the temperature at your convenience.
Even though this model is primarily wall-mounted, there is still a variant (#WB100) that has legs and is not necessary to be wall-mounted.
The Dyna-Glo has made sure that when anyone talks about safe propane heaters, it is the one to top the list.
The heater uses advanced safety technology.
It has a low oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) as an auto safety shut-off feature, which cuts off the power in case of overheating. The unit is CSA-certified and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Five customizable and manually controlled heat settings.
- Can heat up to an area of 700 square feet.
- Offers about 18000 BTU of heating power.
- Mounting equipment is included.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- The Blower Fan (WHF100) is sold separately.
- Limited to propane use, restricting versatility.
- There is no built-in thermostat for temperature control.
- Potential safety risk without proper ventilation.
- Liquid Propane Ready (Fuel conversion not permitted); Infrared Technology works by radiating heat to...
- Up to 18,000 BTU's/hr heats up to 700 sq. ft.; LOW-MED-HI variable control knob offers the most...
- No electricity required allows for reliable back-up heating in case of an emergency situation
- Separately sold optional fan (WHF100) improves the amount of square footage the heat reaches in a...
3. Rinnai FC824 Space Heater
The Rinnai FC824 is the most appropriate way out from hard-to-heat areas.
The heater includes a convection fan, which facilitates the distribution of heat energy throughout your required space.
This propane heater model produces about 22,000 BTU of heat energy, which can easily heat a space of 1000 – 1100 square feet.
This propane heater also features a modulating technology that embraces a modulating valve and a blower with variable speed.
These two devices together extract only the amount of propane gas necessary to deliver the required heat.
The FC824 also features a unique technology that consistently and continuously administers and adjusts indoor temperatures to maintain the temperature you set on the thermostat.
For example, if the door of the room is opened, this feature of the heater instantly detects the temperature drop in the room and increases the production of heat.
The heater is claimed to have an efficiency of about 99.9% while also being notified as the quietest heater in the market, producing only 44dB of noise at its peak operation.
This propane heater unit also offers electric ignition, a digital display with programmable temperature, and timer settings in a single piece.
The heater comes with a cool-to-touch cabinet, making it easier to handle while switched on.
Like its other contenders, it has a built-in low oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) and an overheating switch.
These features automatically switch off the device when there are low oxygen levels or the system detects overheating, respectively.
Other safety features include a tilt switch and automatic shut-off in case of power failure or if the flame goes out.
These features, along with child lock and on-board self-diagnostics, prove that this heater has earned its place on our list and in your homes.
- Electric Ignition
- Cool to Touch Cabinet
- Has a Fan output of 215.4CFM?
- Produces about 22000 BTU of heat energy.
- Child Safe Lock
- Higher price point compared to similar models.
- Requires professional installation, adding to costs.
- Not suitable for large spaces due to limited heating capacity.
- Lacks cool-to-touch exterior, posing a burn risk.
- Can be noisy during operation, disrupting quiet environments.
- Efficient Heating: Our small space heater provides powerful warmth in compact rooms; With its warm...
- Smart Control: Enjoy precise temperature control with our room heater's programmable thermostat...
- Peace of Mind: Our wall heater is designed with your safety in mind with a flame failure device,...
- Professional Installation Recommended: Visit the Find a Rinnai PRO page on our website to locate a...
4. ProCom MG10TBF Dual Fuel Blue Flame Heater
The ProCom MG10TBF is a dual-fuel propane heater with a thermostat that can also use natural gas.
This heater offers ambiance, durability, and efficiency, which are just the things you need to keep your home cozy and warm during the cold season.
The heater does not require electricity, making it a supreme choice for emergencies and an excellent garage-use option.
It offers about 10,000 BTU of heat production at its maximum capacity.
This much heat is sufficient to fill up a space of 300 square feet. Moreover, the pre-installed thermostat is the cherry on the top.
The heater comes with a push-button start. It primarily depends upon the natural convection for air circulation but can also be fitted with a blower fan for stronger heat circulation.
The thermostat control automatically cycles the burner on and off to maintain the desired room temperature, which is ideal for heat flow and can add a warm atmosphere to your room.
This heater has safety features like previous versions of propane heaters, including a low oxygen depletion sensor (ODS).
This automatically cuts off the device when it detects low levels of oxygen or increased levels of carbon monoxide in the room.
Besides, when overheating, shut-off switches off the device when the room temperature rises to a higher value.
The heater has a one-year warranty and a wall mounting bracket included in the pack.
- Pre-installed with a Thermostat
- Mounting Equipment Included
- Push-button piezoelectric ignition
- Blue Flame Technology
- Built-in Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS)
- Dual fuel requirements can complicate fuel sourcing.
- Manual temperature control lacks precision.
- The absence of a built-in fan limits heat distribution.
- Requires extra safety precautions for indoor use.
- Limited features compared to more advanced models.
- ASSEMBLED IN USA - Product is proudly assembled in the USA. Skilled American workers manufacture the...
- TECHNOLOGY - 10, 000 Maximum BTU using natural gas or propane gas which Heats Up To 300 Sq. Ft.
- DEPENDABLE - Thermostat Control – The control automatically cycles the burner on and off to...
- SAFE - Push button Piezo ignition with Built-in pilot oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) immediately...
5. Mr. Heater Corporation F299730 Heater
Mr. Heater F299730 is a magnificent small propane heater with a thermostat available.
The included thermostat helps you control the temperature of your room with ease. The flame window has a hot blue flare tube installed at its bottom.
This propane heater with a thermostat produces a massive power of 30,000 BTU, ideal for heating a space of up to 1,000 square feet.
The mounting equipment needed to set up the device on the wall is included in the package.
Although the package does not contain the necessary fuel hose and regulator, it does include the accompanying user manual to guide you through the installation process.
The low oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) is included in its safety features, alerting you if an unusually low oxygen level is detected.
This sensor also automatically shuts down the device if it detects precarious oxygen levels.
Furthermore, it consists of a high limit shut-off that automatically turns off the unit in case of overheating.
When the heater operates at altitudes over 4,500 FT above sea level, it could cause the pilot/ODS to shut down the heater.
- Up to 30,000 BTU of heating power
- It can heat large spaces, up to 1000 square feet.
- Promises Noiseless operation
- Overheating and Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) Shut off
- Includes wall mounting hardware and legs.
- Has easy temperature controls with a Thermostat.
- Bulky design limits placement options.
- Pilot light can be tricky to ignite in colder conditions.
- The noisy operation may be disruptive.
- Lacks advanced safety features like automatic shut-off.
- The oxygen depletion sensor requires regular maintenance.
- 30,000 BTU Liquid Propane heater to heat spaces up to 750 square feet. Restricted in Canada
- Blue flame burner for even convection heat. Supplemental heat in cold rooms, Additions, Sun rooms,...
- Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS). CSA Certified. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) -...
- Operating this heater at altitudes over 4,500 FT above sea level could cause pilot/ODS to shutdown...
6. Mr. Heater VF30KBLUELP Propane Heater
When using an electric heater is impractical, The Mr. Heater VF30KBLUELP is the best small propane heater with a thermostat that can be at your rescue.
It might be the last heater on our list, but it is certainly not the last one in performance.
It is a blue flame propane heater with a thermostat that can produce up to 30,000 BTU of heating power.
This much heating power can easily heat a space of 1000 square feet.
To your satisfaction, the heater has a thermostat for superior temperature control and D-cell batteries for power electronic ignition.
The heater circulates warm air throughout the space using natural convection and burns cleanly.
When combined with an F299200 blower fan, the unit produces stronger heat circulation.
The necessary wall mounting is included with the heater but can also be used on the floor with the detachable legs added to the pack for your convenience.
A propane tank of 20 pounds is recommended for using the heater. However, you must buy the tank separately.
The necessary hose and regulator also must be bought separately. It should be taken care that these items are bought from a trusted and authorized dealer.
The safety equipment includes an oxygen depletion sensor (ODS), and a high limit (overheating) shut off, making it safe for use indoors. The unit is CSA-certified and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Produces 30,000 BTU power
- Rated indoor safe.
- Overheating Shut off
- Installed Thermostat
- Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) included
- One-year warranty
- CSA certified.
- Propane dependency limits its use in areas without easy access to fuel.
- Requires adequate ventilation, restricting indoor use.
- The absence of a thermostat offers less control over temperature.
- It is not suitable for smaller spaces due to high heat output.
- The manual ignition process can be inconvenient.
- Fight the freeze! Pick yours and order today! Mr. Heater Vent-Free Heater
- 30,000 BTU"
- Weighs 31 lbs.
- Safe, clean burning heat
Small propane heater with a thermostat are believed to offer more heating power and a warm experience than electric heaters.
Some models may not be perfect, but they provide a consistent and reliable heating experience when paired with a thermostat.
We believe that our recommendations have helped you to make an intelligible decision about getting a propane heater or at least upgrading your previous one.