If you are facing a hard time because you could not find the best Compost Grinder, you need not worry. We have listed our top 5 brands, which you can use to compost your kitchen raw and food scraps.
Many people try to use woodchippers as a composter, but it will not work. For scrapping food or raw vegetables, you need an actual Compost grinder. The Compost Grinders, which we have listed below, will turn your food scrap and vegetables into rich nutrients for your yard.
Best Compost Grinder for Home Use
1. Food Cycler Platinum Indoor Food Recycler and Kitchen Compost Container
- NEW AND IMPROVED - Now with Filter Monitoring System - Never worry about when to change your filters again!
- All in one food composter makes composting kitchen waste a snap. Reduces kitchen waste up to 90% of it's original volume
- Kitchen Compost Shredder Composts to a viable soil amendment in less than 3 hours
- Odorless and environmentally conscious kitchen compost container
This is an all in one food composter which will make your kitchen waste a good material for the growth of your garden. This will reduce your kitchen waste by up to 90% of the original material. It will make the Compost within an hour, and it will make your compost odor-free. It has a filter monitoring system, and it requires no venturing or draining.
It includes many benefits. The inbuilt monitoring system will tell you when you need to change the filter system. It will also tell you about the requirements of venturing and draining. It can also pack a large amount of food material and will grind it to the last pulp. However, you will need to take care of the machine because it may get broken or contain some design flaws.
2. Exaco Trading MR ECO Mini Compost Bin
- Load scraps into the hopper, then turn to empty into bin so no odor escapes!
- Size: 10.7" x 8.25" x 20"H. Made in Canada
- Mr. Eco can sit on a counter or be mounted to a vertical surface with included cabinet hanger.
- Comes with 3 compostable bags.
This is a simple mini composter. It will wrap up your kitchen waste and grind it to the pulp. It has no odor so that it can be used as an office composter also. You can also use it in your kitchen. This is made up of recycled plastic, and hence it will not pollute the environment. Moreover, it will help you provide ground raw and waste, which you can use directly in your yard.
The Compost, which it will provide, is healthier for your yard because it is made up of vegetable waste and food scraps. This will help the ground material to gain more and more nutrients. The nutrients will provide your garden with a healthy environment. This Eco Mini Compost will not provide any odor, and hence it will be easy for you to use it
3. Joseph Joseph 30022 Intelligent Waste Totem Kitchen Compost Bin
- Replaceable odor filter
- Removable compost bin
- General waste compartment, Size : 26 x 15 ¾ x 11 ¾ in
- Multi-purpose drawer with removable divider
This Compost Grinder includes not only the grinder but also the recycle bin and kitchen trash. It is made up of stainless steel and can contain 60-liter material. Totem 60 will combine the whole waste into one single unit and will grind it to make the most delicate pulp. Also, it will take the same amount of material which your kitchen bin can take. It has 9.5 gallons of general waste comparted, which is at the top of the machine.
Also, the general waste compartment is removable so you can fix it according to your use. It also has small holes and a breather vent which will let the material to remove quickly. It has a multipurpose drawer of 6.5 gallons and is located at the base of the machine.
Moreover, it also includes a removable drawer bin for securing trash liners. It has a removable divider that can separate the recycling materials from one another. It includes a carbon filtering mechanism, and so, it is quite expensive. Not only this but also it has one galleon separate removable drawer which is used as a food compost bin and can be stored in the general waste compartment.
4. Miracle-Gro Single Chamber Outdoor Garden Compost Bin
- NO SPACE? NO PROBLEM! – Don’t let tight spaces keep you from composting! Miracle-Gro’s outdoor compost bin tumbler is small enough for even the...
- TURN YOUR FOOD WASTE INTO GARDEN GOLD – Transform kitchen and garden waste into rich, fertile compost – the gardener’s treasured “black...
- REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT – Studies show that approximately one third of the world’s food supply goes to waste. But with Miracle-Gro’s...
- YEAR-ROUND, HASSLE-FREE – Why should composting be a seasonal activity? Miracle-Gro’s heavy-duty design lets you keep your compost going all year...
This Miracle-Gro Single Outdoor Compost bin will feed your plant by adding nutrients to the soil. It will also make your soil very fertile, which will help your flowers and plants to grow. It is a compact machine and so can fit your balcony, porch, patio, or your rooftop garden. It would not let your valuable kitchen and garden scraps to end in a landfill.
In addition to this, it will turn the waste into the best material for your garden. It will turn the waste into rich, fertile compost with the help of Miracle-Gro Compost Bin. Moreover, if you are looking for a garden compost bin that can survive any weather and can be trusted for an extended period, this Miracle-Gro is one of the best choices for this.
Moreover, it is effortless to use, and you can use it for years. It ensures a sturdy side locking mechanism which guarantees easy loading and unloading of waste material. It has an Ultra-Violet protected plastic cover, which will help you to prevent it from any harmful toxins.
5. Miracle-Gro Dual Chamber Compost Tumbler
- GROW A HAPPIER GARDEN – Do you look at other’s gardens with envy? Give your plants the nutrient-dense fertilizer they crave, and watch your garden...
- KEEP THE NUTRIENTS COMING – Achieve your gardening goals with a steady supply of ready-to-use compost! This 2-chamber compost tumbler allows you to...
- NO MORE HEAVY LIFTING – Miracle-Gro is here to make composting easy for beginners and seasoned green thumbs alike! Our efficient tumbler system is...
- A BRAND YOU TRUST – With the help of Miracle-Gro, both you and your garden will thrive. As America’s most trusted garden supply brand, we...
It already comes fully assembled and does not require any maintenance. Also, it has low maintenance and does not need any professional help for its installation. It has easy installation and setup.
It contains a large twist lid, which is 12 inches. It is also safe when you have pets and children in your house. It comes in black color, which will enable more heat absorption. It also has a seven cubic foot capacity to hold your kitchen and food scraps.
The product dimensions are 22 X 29 X 25 inches. It weighs around 28 pounds. Moreover, it does not separate your cooking material and the new plant items. Also, it has a shovel, which is lighter and easier to remove
It will turn the kitchen waste and your food scraps to a fine pulp, which will be rich in nutrients and fertile enough for the soil of your yard. This fine pulp enriches many rich vitamins and nutrients, which will help the soil to grow.
Does all the Compost Bin Separate Cooking Material and Plant Items?
No, all the Compost Bin does not separate cooking material from new plant items. However, there is some compost bin that contains different shovels or drawers, which are separated from the drawers which contain the plant items.
Also, these drawers are removable, so according to your need, you can make use of any of the drawers. If you are looking for bins which have separate drawers, then you can refer to the products which we have mentioned above.
Can I Put Moldy Fruit in my Compost Grinder?
Yes, you can add moldy food or vegetables or both to your compost grinder. A backyard Composting bin is mainly used for these moldy items. The mold cells are just another type of microorganisms, and they are rich in nutrients. These mold cells will take care of the decomposition of waste material. They will turn the soil into nutrient-rich and fertile.
What would happen if you Left the Compost too Long?
If you left the Compost for too long and it is somewhere stored in a dry place, then it will be fine. However, if it is left outside and is not protected from sunlight and rain, it will gradually decompose but will lose its quality and rich nutrients. In this case, even if you mix this Compost to the soil to make it fertile, it will not help the soil to grow fertile.
Also, it will lose all of its nutrients so the soil will also lose its nutrients, and thus, it will turn out a total waste. So, make sure to keep it somewhere safe so that the quality does not degrade.
How Often Should You Turn Compost?
You should turn the Compost every four to five weeks. If you turn the Compost more frequently, then it will produce the Compost more quickly. So, it would be best if you waited for some time to allow the centre of the material to heat slowly and promote the bacteria to proliferate. So, it will take around four to five weeks to grow the microorganisms that will enrich your soil and make it fertile.
What Should you Not Put in Compost?
You should never put fish, meat, eggs, or any dairy products in a compost. Avoid coal, charcoal ash, diseased or insect plants, fats, and oil material. These materials do not contain any rich vitamins or nutrients.
In addition to this, these products are harmful to the environment when decomposed. They will damage the soil quickly. The soil will not get any nutrients after decomposing these products.
Moreover, the soil will put its energy in decomposing these wastes and turn out a total waste. So, always avoid these kinds of products from putting it in a compost.
Are Orange Peels Good for Compost?
Well, the answer to this question is, Yes! You can put orange peels to the Compost to make it healthy. Besides, you can also add citrus peels, which will add more value to the Compost. The Citrus peels and Orange peels are rich in nitrogen.
They can easily promote the growth of bacteria and microorganisms in the soil to make it fertile. These are suitable green materials that will add value to the soil when decomposed.