Are you lacking a sense of productive happiness from your garden? Is your garden all flowery and aromatic, but lacks when it comes to productivity? There is no question that flowers are the glory of your garden, but the fruits of your own garden add a sense of achievement to your gardening skills.
It might have crossed your mind to put your garden into productive use, but the hassle might have prevented you from doing the same. Well, boons of growing vegetables in your garden are many but its sure to take a lot of your efforts and precious time.
However, the satisfaction of your own vegetables is beyond comparable, but it is sure to meddle so much in your daily routine. But the vegetables you grow make sure that your effort are sure to return to you. However, your lovely flowers may be reluctant in doing so. Why let them do so?
There is no contradicting the fact that flowers are the essence of your beloved garden, but fruits and vegetables also add a great deal to it. But if you are reluctant just at the thought of how hectic it will become in your daily life. Then, you have nothing too worry about because the hassle is just the same with no extra manure required.
Well, growing vegetables is for sure a really good idea but choosing which one to grow can turn out dramatic. Well, you do not have to grow through all that jeopardy and give your choice to healthy and nutritious and good for your soil “Asparagus beans”.
Well, you might wonder but this legume can also help your other plants in providing them nitrogen and easing out on your purchase of fertilisers. So, all you must do is purchase good quality Asparagus beans seeds.
It is an edible legume grown for its light and green pods bearing seeds with in just like a green bean we all love to have. Not only does it help us grow and gives us nutrition, but it also fills the deficiency of nitrogen in the soil.
Now you do not have to stroll through the market to choose the best fertilizer for your soil with best amount of Nitrogen which eventually turns your soil alkaline, all you must do is plant this amazing legume and let it do the rest. It will not even put your soil at the risk of turning alkaline and eventually degrading itself too barren and lifeless. However, it will add a shot of greenery into your garden.
Also known as yard long beans, these beans contradict its name by growing only half yard long. These beans grow up to 1.5 feet to the best of its capabilities. These are also known by the name snake beans by the way they hang from the plant.
Though they seem so like green beans we consume at home, it might surprise you that they belong to completely different species. Also, its many varieties can be differentiated with colour of its seeds.
These beans strive the best in tropical regions such as South Asia, Southeast Asia, and southern China. It is also counting in as one of mom’s favourite cuisine because of its high nutritional value. Since, it is a vigorous climbing plant so you would require providing this amazing plant some support so it can provide you with best of its results.
Also, these beans are quite popular in traditional cuisines prominently because of its high nutritional value and its speciality for being easy to cook. It serves best be it raw, cooked or just tossed.
Asparagus Beans in Cuisine and Nutrition
These beans find itself in multiple of cuisines be it in India or in China. These beans can be eaten even straight from the garden raw. However, they find themselves in multiple dishes such as with shrimp and stir-fried potatoes. In parts of India, it is usually accompanied with sour dishes along with the tantalising lime and mustard. However, you can also add it up with as basic dish as omelette.
In Chinese cuisine it always the most preferable add on to stir fried dishes and serves best in all of them. This trend also finds it is way in India in the state closest to nature “Kerala”. However, in countries like Philippines it is matched up with soy sauce and garlic with the spicy hot pepper.
Not only this a vegetable dish “utan” also is not complete with this one ingredient. Well, you do not have to worry, this ingredient will be far too easy to fetch as it will be as close as vicinity to your garden.
Filipino dishes and Malayan cuisine also show the same trend and this ingredient is a add on to both. Well, it can also serve to be a better and tasty companion with your morning omelette and milk. Start your day with the freshness and nutrition of asparagus Asparagus beans.
In Malayan cuisine it is stir fried with shrimp paste and pepper. Add the spiciness of Malaysia into your homes with this amazing add on vegetable and that too at the comfort of your garden.
Well, you must have heard about Asparagus beans’ nutritional value and if you have not you have surely missed on something. These Asparagus beans are not only a tasty add on to a variety of your cuisines but also a healthy and nutritious diet.
Asparagus beans have all the necessary nutrients you need. It is an immense source of proteins, iron, and vitamins. On a diet? No worries, these Asparagus beans got you covered with providing all the nutrients such as iron, Vitamin A, magnesium, potassium and what not and without even increasing your weight. Also, in some cuisines it served as the main curry to eat with rice just to make sure that you get all the nutrients you need to stay active with 0 percent fat, so you stay all day active without even a trace of lethargy.
Well, growing Asparagus beans in your garden seems to be all good, but to ensure healthy growth of it, you would have to abide by a set instruction that we are here to provide you. These Asparagus beans are sure to give you no hassle and effort unless you ensure they are free from frost. If you ensure warmness to them, they ensure productivity to you. Here you go.
How to Grow Asparagus Beans in Your Garden?
Well, it might shock you, but Asparagus beans do not need as much hassle as you think and are just good to go if they get full sun and support. Well, you can either put them first and then transfer them to ground or you can prevent the hassle and directly sow them into the ground where they are eventually going to survive.
First, to grow Asparagus beans you would require seeds which you can easily get from any nearby market and get your hands on the first step.
- For your Asparagus beans to grow healthy and green it is recommended to first soak them in water for 24 hours unlike the green beans. This will ensure that your seeds get enough moisture to crack open.
- After this you can follow to sprout them for about 2 days in however way you like if it works. You can also take help from recycled egg cartons to act as a sprout generator for your Asparagus beans.
- After this if you want to use transplanting method, you will require a container to grow plants about 8- 12 inches deep for generation of roots. Keep it in the container for about a period of five days before transplanting. It is enough time for them to develop their roots and then you are good to go. All you must do is transfer them to where you want to grow them and then they will take off.
- One special thing about these Asparagus beans is that they do not discriminate against the type of soil and grow best in any type of soil. So, you do not have to worry about the type of soil your garden hones, all you must take care is it gets enough sunlight to strive and a strong and stable support to help it grow to the best of its potential.
- Well, if you are not a fan of the transplanting method, you can always cut this step and directly sow your asparagus beans. All you must do is dig 2 inches deep and sow your seeds. Make sure your seeds are 3 inches apart.
- After you are done water them gently. With this method, your seeds will take as long as q4 days to develop seedlings and ensure productivity. To ensure a good and unlimited supply of this nutritious supplement, keep sowing them every two weeks and enjoy its benefits to the fullest. All you must do is twist them and harvest them.
Tips to Ensure Good Harvest
Well, its flowers will also a bloom to your garden and fill it with its pinkish lavender aura, but you must keep in mind a very few tips to ensure that your efforts do not all go in vain and ensure you a good harvest.
- These Asparagus beans need a good amount of sunlight and might disappoint you by not growing at all in cold weather. Also, you must ensure that the soil heats up to 65 degrees before you plant these sun loving plants into your garden.
- Since they are climbing plants, they would require a strong and stable support to ensure that they grow well and do not droop to the ground and get eaten by none other than the ants of your garden. You should better build a trellis or ensure another good support as soon as they develop shoot and rise the ground.
- The maximum height they can reach up to is 18 inches and are ready to harvest with as early as 75 days after they develop the seedling. So, you do not really have to wait long to reap the benefits of your efforts and get maximum out of this nutritious plant.
- To get unlimited access to this amazing plant, keep sowing it every 15-20 days and never let this vegetable be out of stock from your garden. Got nothing to cook, well, you have this amazing vegetable in your garden to cook.
- Mulch is a great way to add nutrients into your soil and ensure that the moisture content of your soil is good. Also, mulch not only provides nutrients to your very own plants but also prevents your soil from being barren. You can use vegetable peels, twigs, leaves and other kitchen waste as mulch in your garden.
- Also, do ensure that your vines do not get suffocated and overcrowded among your other plants. Maintain a good amount of distance between your plants to ensure every plant gets their own share of sun, water, and minerals.
With these Asparagus beans your kitchen as well as your garden is sure to bloom with the freshness and greenery of these beans. Cooking them is far easier than growing them and you are good to go with just stir frying them and serving them with your omelette.
Following a diet, but also need to keep up with nutrition needs, just add these beans in your breakfast and you will never have to worry about your body’s nutrition and that too without even 1g of fat.
Also, these beans are far too easy to grow and harvest and that too at the comfort of your garden. Also, its pinkish lavender appearance is sure to mesmerize you and whoever pays you a visit and they are sure to compliment you on your gardening skills.
Well, you only know the real effort behind this amazing productivity and your garden management. Also, it will benefit not only you but other plants too as they will have their own share of nitrogen.