In this present time of technology, we have a lot of inventions that have replaced many old technologies. A similar one is Microwave Grills. We all love food and especially currently, Pizza is one of the most demanded things either with youth or with other age groups too. But what if you want to eat a pizza and you do not want to order it online? Will you need to just bury your craving under the walls of your heart and stay as it is? The answer is a big NO.
Then here comes the Microwave Grills in the picture. We all love pizza to be hot and crispy topped with extra cheese and the best Veggies. Your mouth starts watering, right? But how can we get this done then? The answer is Microwave Grill.
This article will be the right place for you if you love Pizza, Grilled Sandwiches etc. Moreover, if you are a real foodie person, read this article till the end so that you can better understand the Uses of Microwave Grill, what types of utensils you need to use and what best practices you need to follow while using Microwave Grill to calm down your cravings. These few minutes read will be a golden time for you to invest and get a lot out of it.
With Microwave Grill, you need not wait for a longer time and within minutes your pizza and your cheese sandwiches will get ready. Moreover, it looks good to have this at home. Without getting your single utensil dirty you can make amazing foodstuff for you and your family too. Sounds amazing, isn’t it?
Microwave Grills unlock the pathway of happiness with a lot of food items to be ready for you in a couple of minutes and this includes tasty and healthy food too. This is the quickest and easiest way to cook your food. They look great, save a lot of time you are supposed to spend on cooking and onto this they also help you to save on dirty dishes at the same time.
The instructions that will be shared below can be applied to all Microwaves, however, there are a lot of different models that have different functioning and for that, you need to have a manual for that model. You can also copy and paste the exact model number on google and search for the instruction’s manual over there as well. You will get a complete manual for sure.
If you do not know the model of your Microwave, just search for the brand and you will get all the models there, check the pictures and know your model then search for a specific model’s instructions manual.
How to Use a Grill Microwave
Some microwaves come with only the Grill option and some with a combi option so it may be sometimes quite difficult to use them. But this is not a very perplexing situation here. We have answers to all your doubts arising in your mind currently. Here is a list of steps to use your microwave effectively.
- On your microwave, there will be an option as Grill that you need to hit when you want to use it for Grilling purposes. There will be buttons numbered 1, 2 and 3. If you hit 1 that will be for slow grilling, similarly 2 will be for medium grilling and 3 for high power grilling. You can choose as per the food item you want to grill.
- On your Microwave, you will see a dial where you can select the time or manage it as per the food item you place in it. This will decide the grilling time for your microwave to grill the food.
- Some food items need some standing time too so there is also an option for this. You will see the timer option on Microwave, press it for the standing timer for your food items.
- Now after setting up all the things and timers, you can close the door of the Microwave. Unlike your Oven Grill, you need to close the door for Microwave Grill.
- Now you are all set to press Start as it will do the things as per the setup you created.
Usage Guide to Combi Microwaves (Combination Mode)
- On your Microwave, you will see a button as Combi, hit it to select the settings. You can check the sticker available on your Microwave or an instruction manual that you would have got when you purchased your Microwave. This will be a low, medium, and high-power grilling Microwave and you mostly need low or medium power grilling.
- Now check for another option on your microwave and it will be DIAL. Set the time you want to cook your food for. Selecting the timer will lead you to the next step.
- Look for an option on your microwave as TIMER and this option is used for adjusting the time for food if they need standing time.
- Now you need to close the door to get the microwave to follow the instructions you have given.
- Now press START to carry on the process.
Confusion in Grill Setting
If you have any confusion in the Grill setting, then you are at the right place to clear all your doubts. Take a microwave Jug or utensil to fill it with water. Now you need to place the Jug or Container whatever you took to fill the water, in the microwave.
Turn on the microwave at normal standard settings. After a few moments when you turn it off and open the door to get that jug or container out, just check the temperature of the water. It will be hot. Now to check it on Grill mode, let us proceed.
Place the microwave jug or container filled with water in the microwave. Turn it on but change the setting this time to Grill mode. Give it a similar time to what you gave while on standard condition. You will notice that the water is much colder than the previous process. So, this is the process to know about both modes of the microwave. This is the best method to distinguish between them.
The Utensils You Should Use with Microwave
Normal utensils will not work with Microwave as they have different properties, so some special utensils are there to be used with the Microwave and you get some basic utensils with your microwave as well when you purchase one. There is a list of utensils that you can use with your Microwave Grill.
This is the best material for a utensil that you can use in your microwave, and it produces spark.
You can use recycled paper as well but first, you need to check whether the recycled paper is safe to be used with a Microwave and to know about this, you need to check on the cover of that recycled paper if it states that it is safe to use this Recycled paper with Microwave. Else, it will just ignite up and that is not safe at all, may cause serious problems.
Wire Wrist Ties
Like the arching created by Aluminum Foils, these can also cause it and that too with beautiful blue light.
Things With No Lid on Them
We sometimes make food or cook it without lids however while using Microwave, you should be very careful. You should not place a utensil containing food without a lid on it. Else, it will not be cooked properly. The second thing you need to take care of is that the lid should not be airtight.
Plastic Bags and Containers Usage
Plastic with Microwave seems to be a weird combination. You cannot use plastic utensils in your Microwave but today with technology there are special types of plastic utensils that are compatible with the Microwave, so you are free to use them. But normal plastic utensils cannot be used with Microwave as they may melt and produce harmful chemicals too. This may also damage your microwave.
It may seem to you that the above are just the basic things that you already know. So, what are the different things you should keep in mind when you use Grill Microwave? So, let us move on to some other and different concepts now to know more about the Grill Microwave.
Special about Grilling Purpose with Grill Microwave
When we use utensils in Grill Microwave we need to check if we have covered utensil with some lid or not. As in the Grill Microwaves, we need not cover the utensil containing food for cooking. As in this case, heat will come from above so covering something will not let that heat go to food but will be there on the lid so it will just heat the lid, not the food.
As we checked above that we normally use the medium as the maximum temperature range for food cooking, so this is the reason for that. We need not cover the food containing utensil with a lid so heat directly goes to the food. If you put it on a high-temperature range it will mess things up and will cause serious problems like burning of food or may cause damage to the Microwave as well. As you are using the Combi model here so it will not go above the medium temperature range. If it will go up, then be ready for the mess.
There is also a great thing to notice that Microwave Safe goods are very safe that you can use with your Microwave. However, they will heat up when you place them under the hot grill process. Also, you need to take care of things that the Microwave plastic will not melt with Microwave under normal usage but if you are using it for Grilling purpose then it will melt and will create a mess for you.
So, you cannot use the plastic made for standard microwave purposes for grilling purposes. You need to make sure that you should have Pyrex material utensils as they have a very high melting point so they can stay good at high-temperature ranges. Except for Pyrex, there are also other materials as well that can withstand high temperatures so check out the things and choose wisely.
Now the point here is that what should you use that will be safe and secure? No need to worry about this. We have answers to all your questions and doubts. Because when you use Microwave, it should be very crucial to take care of everything about it and look after the usage and safety tips too.
There are a lot of tests that you can perform and get to know about the utensil or plate if that material is safe to use with the Microwave or not. Let us have a look at a simple test here. This test will be taken with a proven Microwavable tool.
Let Us Check How Does It Work
Get a Microwave jug first and fill it with water to the half of it. Once filled, please place it inside the Microwave. Now, the next step is to put in the dishes or utensils that you want to test if they withstand.
Now turn the Microwave on and run it on full power for the next 2-3 minutes. Now after this if you see and feel the jug or container warm then it is a green signal that the microwave is working well.
Now feel the other utensils and dishes that you placed in previously. Once you touch them and you feel that they are not hot, and they are cool then it means that those utensils are good to go with the microwave. This means that they are not absorbing the microwave’s energy and they are safe to be used anyway.
If they are getting hot so it means that they are absorbing the heat of the microwave and this will be alarming for you that you should not use them with Microwave. As if they are absorbing the heat then they will melt and stick to the microwave rotating disk or grilling bars. This will damage your beautiful Microwave which no one will be willing of.
Except for all the above guidelines and tips, there are some more that you can take care of to get complete information about the Microwave you have, and you can use it in the best way and enjoy its benefits to the fullest.
- The first pointer is not to use the Combi settings for small portions of sizes of food. It will be too much heat for a small portion of food and the food may get damaged. So, in this case grilling will be the best option to go with.
- Sometimes you must grill some food with a wire rack and if you are doing that, you need to know this. Place a heatproof plate before you start grilling with a wire rack as when you grill with a wire rack it may need some oil splatter and nobody wants those grease stains in their Microwave.
- The doors must be closed when you try to grill or use a standard Microwave. The microwave has special technology to release extra heat from the inner part itself so no need to worry if you have closed the door while cooking the food. It is not like a Conventional oven that does not have this type of technology to escape extra heat from it on its own.
- While you are grilling something in your microwave, make sure you will stay away from it as its outer part may get too hot and it may burn your skin or hand if you try to touch it. Allow it to stand for the next few minutes and the heat will just spread out and try to merge with room temperature to give you delicious equally hot and fresh food.
- Just like anything in this world, Microwaves need to be cleaned after regular intervals of time. Like you can clean it just after you have the meal that you made in the microwave. It also reduces the chances of any stain on it and keeps it reliable. If you will not clean it then during cooking the previous residues start burning and producing a pungent smell. You can clean it by having a liter of water in which you can put 3-5 spoons of lemon juice. Now you can switch it on and once the mixture gets hot, it will just loosen the dirt stuck to it and you can simply wipe it out with a cloth without putting in any effort.
So here is the complete article about the Grill Microwave and now you are pro in using it, taking care of each and everything. You know how to maintain it and which type of utensil you should use with your Microwave in standard condition and grilling mode. Also, you have a clear vision about the timer management on it, temperature changes according to the need.
Let us get your microwave then and if you have purchased it just now, congratulations. Use it wisely with the tips given above and enjoy healthy and tasty food anytime and easily.
Happy Cooking and Happy Eating!