Japanese home decor items are very eye-pleasing, simple, and are found at reasonable prices. Many people globally love using Japanese decor items to find a touch of natural beauty within their respective houses.
It helps the interior of the houses to remain clean. Some people follow a few of the Japanese customs or maybe love to follow their lifestyle. The people find it interesting to do so. It adds a different taste to their daily life.
Of course, following the Japanese style is not an easy job because each one is busy on today’s date. Still, the one who loves will find a way to cherish Japan inside their homes by using Japanese decor. Let us go through 15 interesting Japanese home decor ideas which will make you fall in love with them!
Japanese Home Decor Ideas
1. Japanese Artificial Bamboo Leaves Plant
Who does not love nature? Several people are nature lovers and desire to have a touch of wooden elements inside their homes. Adapting nature inside one’s home is the best thing to do. Bamboo is very famous in Japan.
As a result, Japanese people use bamboo wood for various essentials like frames, doors, walls, etc. Apart from these, if you want to have something sleek and a touch of nature inside your homes, I think a fancy bamboo leaves plant can bring a beautiful Japanese finish to a corner of your home.
- Unique & world-class design, new release, natural feel technology;
- Stunning you with their beauty and design; Full of features, longevity and quality; With nursery pot and Spanish moss;
- Nothing looks more natural or brings your interior environment to life like ornamental plants;
- Crafted from premium quality, durable and environment-safe material.
This is a hexagon pot of 20 cm which consists of artificial bamboo leaves. The wood is polished and provides a beautiful and natural look. It provides a calming effect inside one’s home.
2. Japanese Buddha Showpiece
Buddha is a religious idol. Buddhists would love to have showpieces of Buddha in their homes. Nowadays, Buddhists and people from various religions keep showpieces of Buddha in the living rooms.
It has become a trend, but at the same time, it also looks serene to view the meditating Buddha. You can also gift showpieces of Buddha on any occasion like Diwali, birthdays, etc. The materials of the showpiece may vary, but Japan’s unique touch is always present in all the showpieces.
- Rolled in Tube.Only Canvas Painting Core and Each side has a 2cm white extend area.
- High Definition Giclee modern art work, picture photo printing on high quality canvas.Vivid Colors of Arts Would Brighten Your Walls.
- A perfect choice for for Kithen Wall, Bathroom Wall, Bed Room Wall and Living Room.A great gift idea for your relatives and friends.
It is a Japanese home decor item. It can be used as a gift or can also be kept in the living rooms. The material used here is polyresin, and the colors used are orange and black, which is an exotic combination.
Tip – Never wash this item to clean. Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe it.
3. Japanese Canvas Paintings
Vibrant colors add a hue to the bedrooms. Couples usually use bedrooms. So why not add a tinge of rich colors to their life and love? Canvas paintings look beautiful, especially when those are placed at the back walls of the beds placed.
Paintings should always be in contrast with the walls. It creates a sober look. Never go for matched walls and paintings. It creates a mess! Whenever it is a canvas painting, always go for cherry blossoms paintings.
It develops a romantic atmosphere all around the bedroom and, of course, an impression of Japan. I always prefer going for pink blossoms because it creates a real look.
It is a modern art oil painting which has got no frames. Paintings are available in 3 different sizes – Small, Medium, and Large. It can be bought according to the consumer’s convenience. Tip – Frame the painting with bamboo wood to get an authentic Japanese decor to peek.
4. Japanese Sliding Doors and Screens
Japanese Sliding Doors are known as Shoji. It plays a vital role in every Japanese home. Items of building homes are very costly nowadays. That is why Japanese homes are small, and most people rent apartments so that each corner of the home can be utilized. People there think that a swinging door might occupy a lot of space and wood is always costly
So, Shoji’s are used, which can be slid back and forth. It saves a lot of space which swinging doors usually take up. Screens are made up of translucent papers. Doors block sunlight, but the Shoji and the screen will not do so.
Rather it allows the natural light to come inside the homes along with the view of nature. Despite fixing swinging doors, Shoji and screen would be a great combination to style up the interior of your homes.
5. Japanese Meditation Room
Japanese people especially have a peaceful space inside their homes which is meant for having tea, doing yoga, or meditating. Creating such a space inside your home would let you view the Japanese culture, and it would be a perfect place to have Japanese tea.
Choose a room in your house or apartment and layout it with a floor cushion for relaxing or meditating. Add a water feature in the room. It will distract you from the unnecessary noises created outside the room. The music system should be present in that room for listening to calming music. The room should be painted with light colors, which defines peace.
Example – light green (natural color).
Tip – This should not be done in the living room. The living room is different from this room. Above mentioned things should be added in a single different room. It will help us to endure the rich Japanese culture in our homes.
6. Keep the Atmosphere Natural
The interior of the rooms should always be painted with light colors. Light colors allow sunlight to pass through the rooms, therefore, creating a natural effect. Japanese rooms are always found to be painted with natural colors.
So, you can paint your room light green or light wooden brown to welcome nature within your house. Because green represents plants and brown represent the woods. These kinds of colors please the eyes to no small extent soothing the modern home interiors.
Bonsai plants can be kept inside the rooms. It adds an essence of Japanese culture into the rooms.
- 🌿 HANDMADE TO PERFECTION - Homegrown in California, our 6 to 8 inch juniper plant is handpicked for best quality. It is contained in a beautiful...
- 🌿 FOR GOOD LUCK - Conveying the symbols of harmony, balance, meditation and peace, this ancient art form in feng shui is believed to bring good...
- 🌿 A BEAUTIFUL GIFT - Give the gift of prosperity to special people in your life. As bonsai symbolizes all that is good in nature, this juniper...
- 🌿 EASY TO CARE FOR - Our healthy juniper is one of the easiest bonsai trees to care for, adapting and thriving in any condition. It is best to...
It is a masterpiece, and it adds authenticity to the homes. This tree is lucky. So, why not bring happiness and beauty together at home?
7. Japanese furniture
Japanese furniture does not fill rooms a lot like the other heavy furniture. Placing Japanese furniture is a great thing to do in your living rooms. Japanese furniture is usually low and has got a modern touch within them. It will not make you feel, “oh, boring!
- ✔ Material: Solid Wood (Sheesham)
- ✔ Colour: Teak Finish
- ✔ Coffee Table Height: 18 inches (45 cm), Length: 35 inches (87.5 cm), Width: 35 inches (87.5 cm) & Stool Height: 14 inches (35 cm), Length: 16...
- ✔ Delivery Condition: Assembled
Floor cushions can also be used in living rooms with low tables.
- QUICKLY RECOVER: The cushion was packed with compress bag due to long shipment. Please put the floor cushion exposing under the sunlight for a few...
- SOFT FABRIC: The floor pillow is skin-friendly corduroy fabric, the mid filling is polyester fiber. Size: 22x22 inch, thickness is about 3.15-3.94...
- UNIQUE DESIGN: The floor pillow is designed with turquoise color and nine stitching position to prevent deformation. This square pillow is a high...
- MULTI-PURPOSE PILLOW: This wonderful decor is a great cushion for beds, floor, sofa, reading books, watching TV and is more comfortable than rugs or...
Lighting in the living rooms should always be angular. Japanese heater tables can be kept in the living rooms of mountainous areas. It is also known as kokatsu. It can be utilized for having tea, studying, etc.
8. Japanese Bamboo Curtains
Bamboo curtains save a lot of space. Instead of using heavy material curtains, you can go for bamboo curtains. It looks very stylish and is popular in Eastern homes. Bamboo wood is an ideal type of wood for use.
Bamboo curtains add a uniquely Japanese flavor to your room. Tip – Use these curtains in living rooms or meditation rooms. These are not meant for bedrooms. Bamboo curtains allow the rooms to look clean and tidy.
- Fabric Shower Curtain- High quality polyester shower curtain,No liner needed,Includes plastic "C" shower curtains hooks.
- 3D Printing Shower Curtain - Vibrant colors, Clear image, No fading, No dyes harming health of your family
- Colorful Shower Curtain - Keeps water in the shower.Water glides off and the curtain dries quickly.Vibrant colors, Clear image, No fading.Give your...
- Shower Curtain Care - Can be machine washable in cold water.This shower curtain will compliment any bathroom color.
It is an Eco-friendly product and an appropriate one for nature lovers.
9. Japanese Lanterns
As you all know, lanterns have a remarkable Asian history, especially in Japan. Placing such lanterns inside your homes represent the Japanese culture which is rare. These lanterns represent love and protection from evil. It can be used for weddings, parties, or home decorations. These are made up of eco-friendly paper.
- What you will get: includes 6 pieces 30 x 28 cm/ 11.8 x 11 inch red cherry paper lanterns, you can decorate anywhere you like or share with your...
- Durable material: the flowers paper lantern is made of quality tissue paper and iron wire supports, it could be stored easily and applied multiple...
- Easy to use: each Chinese Japanese paper lantern comes with a wire frame, which is easy to assemble, when you are done with these paper lanterns, you...
- Wide applications: great for most occasions such as home, parties, baby showers, weddings and more, wherever they are placed, they can go well with...
These are premium quality lanterns. I love these lanterns a lot, especially the white ones. Tip – It can be hanged anywhere in the house.
10. Japanese Wooden Ofuro
Ofuro is nothing but a wooden bathtub. Bathtubs are nowadays standard in almost every house. Plastic bathtubs are the most used ones. For getting the authentic Ofuro effect, one should use a wooden bathtub. Such kinds of bathtubs can be customized and prepared for personal use. Of course, bathtubs are meant to be kept in the washrooms.
11. Japanese Ikebana
Japanese Ikebana is a unique Japanese art of flower arrangement. It brings natural beauty to a home. Artistic skills are essential for creating this arrangement.
In Japan, orchids and palms are the most used flowers. But you can surely use any flower of your choice because it is all about your choice and taste.
Tip – Flowers should be arranged in a block print wooden flowerpot for aesthetic vibes inside the homes.
12. Shoe Rack Near the Entrance Door
The Japanese people have got a system of opening their shoes as soon as they enter their homes. It is probably the first thing they do. It is done to avoid dirt in the house as the Japanese people prefer neat and clean rooms.
- Stores up to 12-20 pairs of shoes, Additional bottom storage for slippers.
- Sturdy metal construction with washable 600 D polyester fabric, each shelf holding up to 30 lbs.
- Easy Assembly Personalized Storage: You can remove the panel to build into a 2-tier or 3-tier shoe rack to fit different kind of shoes.
- Great solution to keep your entryway, closet, dormitory, patio, mudroom and garage away from mess.
Many of us do not have the habit of leaving shoes at the entrance of the home. It is for them to get inspired and encourage your family and friends who do not follow such healthy manners. It is for your and your house’s betterment.
Tip – Shoe racks can be placed at any corner just after the entrance of the homes.
13. Japanese Tatami Mats
Most of us sleep or sit at high places as we love to follow the Western culture. But among us, some people prefer Eastern culture. People in the East, like in Japan, sleep or sit on the tatami mats laid on the floors of the homes.
You can try sleeping or sitting on tatami mats. It would help you to find a Japanese essence within your home decor. It is cool to try something different and unique than that of the others because it is tough to find tatami mats nowadays in other countries.
14. Japanese Hanging Calligraphy
Japanese people have a beautiful artistic history of calligraphy. It is widespread to see Japanese families hanging poems in calligraphy along with gorgeous flower arrangements. Even we can try the same thing for our home decor.
In Western countries, these kinds of home decor are rarely found. Why don’t you join a calligraphy course? Write a quote of your own and hang your masterpiece at your home.
Tip – It can be something related to meditation so that it is decent to hang that on the walls of the meditation room.
Origami is the art of paper folding. This art is associated with Japanese culture. It is a kind of paper folding practice.
- Suitable for School projects and Origami Construction & other Art & Craft Projects
- Make Fishes, Paper Box to More Complex Models Like Flowers, Butterflies and Much More.
- Great gift for anyone who enjoys doing this wonderful art form.Also suit for print.
- 10 packs-Each pack contains 20 sheets in assorted colors.