Embrace a clutter-free lifestyle with the 30-day declutter challenge. This detailed guide sets out a daily task aimed at targeting specific types or areas of clutter. By dedicating just some minutes daily for a month, you can be able to systematically clean and organize your space, leading to a more peaceful and orderly environment.
If waste management in your home sounds time-consuming or too overwhelming, try the 30-day declutter challenge. Divide it into manageable portions by decluttering just a single item type, room, or area each day for 30 days. Let’s go through the following sections to unearth more about the 30-day declutter challenge.
How Does a 30-Day Declutter Challenge Function?
The challenge is simple. Pick a task to do on a daily basis across the next 30 days. It’s advisable to follow a certain order if you can manage that.
But if this doesn’t work for you perfectly, you can choose decluttering tasks you’re more comfortable with. Your first assignment should take the minimum possible amount of time, but it should be the most important. So do it first.
Also, the maximum time you need to assign each declutter challenge is 20 minutes. If you’ve tried it before, you know how long decluttering sessions can be. Decluttering can easily turn into an entire day affair, which leaves you feeling overworked and overwhelmed.
With a 30-day declutter challenge, your assignments will be easy, quick and build momentum. Also, incorporating a timer into your challenge will enable you to stay focused on the tasks at hand while at the same time pushing you to make informed decisions more quickly.
How Often Should You Declutter?
You need to declutter your space for at least after three months. After your 30-day declutter challenge, it’s advisable to do a little weekly rather than allow things to pile up for a month or several months in order to declutter. Remember, the more often you declutter, the quicker, easier, and less daunting it’ll be.
Why is Decluttering Important?
Decluttering your home comes with numerous benefits. Let’s go through the main ones:
- Helps lower levels of stress
- You’ll spend as little time as possible looking for stuff
- You’ll have better focus and feel more in control
- Your home will be more functional and easier to maintain
- Decluttering can significantly increase your relationships
A 30-Day Declutter Challenge Example
Let’s look at some simple assignments you can include in your 30-day declutter challenge. They include:
- Establish a donation station
- Walk your home with a donation bag
- Clear and clean your kitchen countertops
- Declutter your cookware and kitchen tools
- Purge your drinkware and dishware
- Declutter a kitchen cabinet or drawer of your choice
- Clear your kitchen table
- Go through a pile of papers
- Clear your junk drawer
- Tidy up the entryway
- Do a precise bedroom declutter
- Purge your closet for between 15 and 20 minutes
- Declutter your bathroom counters
- Reduce your skincare and makeup products
- Declutter shower and hair products
- Simplify your towels and sheets
- Makeover your medicine cabinet
- Do a quick sweep of your living room
- Convert your clutter into money
- Declutter your magazines and books
- Streamline your laundry room
- Simplify your craft and art supplies
- Pick ten toys to donate and toss the damaged ones
- Sort through your sports equipment
- Declutter your car
- Do a night reset
With these assignments, you can be sure to get your home back on track. It’ll only take a few weeks to develop a habit. So, a decluttering challenge that includes these assignments can help you achieve that.